Monday, August 17, 2015

Day two of being mindful - failure!

Um, yes. The heading says it all, really. My second day of trying to be mindful was as successful as the time I tried a new and exotic recipe from Guam, and after eating it my flatmate said he never wanted to eat anything I cooked ever again, ever. In other words, not a success at all. 

I was so good at the beginning of the day - I even practiced mindfulness while waiting at the bus stop and while on the bus. It was actually very relaxing, and I had some very pleasant trains of thought once my mental thumb-twiddling ceased and I let my thoughts meander around. I also had a lovely time playing with my children, putting everything away and giving a complicated game of "the cow says MOO!" my all.  

The rest of the day didn't work out quite so well; At one stage I even found myself checking two different phones while trying to unload the dishwasher. Hmmm. But, as the day is not yet over, I am going to shut down the computer, put away my phone, and try and enjoy something simple. To be honest, I'm quite looking forward to it. Especially as the simple thing I feel like enjoying, and being present for, is an ice cream sundae. Yay! 

And, I'll try and be more mindful tomorrow - I did enjoy my bus journey this morning more than usual, and my children appreciated me giving them my full attention, so I am starting to see the benefits of this mindfulness malarkey. Maybe tomorrow I'll make it last more than an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment